Need help getting your Repatha® prescription filled, or have questions about the steps involved? The below information can help guide you through the process—from insurance prior authorization to specialty pharmacy fulfillment—to make sure you know everything you need to get started on Repatha®.
What is prior authorization?
Your doctor is required to obtain approval from your health insurance provider before you can fill your prescription. This process usually takes a few days. If prior authorization is declined, you will still have the opportunity to try again for approval.
What is a specialty pharmacy?
Specialty pharmacies manage prescriptions that aren’t typically handled by retail pharmacies. The specialty pharmacy will work with you and your doctor’s office to ensure Repatha® is covered and delivered right to your door.
What are the steps to getting your Repatha® prescription filled when using a specialty pharmacy?
1. Sending prescription
Your doctor’s office will send the specialty pharmacy your:
- Repatha® prescription
- Pharmacy insurance information and relevant medical history
2. Verifying coverage
When the specialty pharmacy receives your prescription, it will:
- Verify your insurance coverage for Repatha®
- Work directly with your insurance company and doctor’s office to complete and submit all required paperwork and documentation. This process can take several weeks depending upon the back and forth needed to secure approval
3. Arranging delivery
The specialty pharmacy will call you after Repatha® coverage has been confirmed to:
- Arrange Repatha® delivery
- Discuss financial programs that may be available to help cover Repatha® copays
- Request credit card information to collect your copay
- Answer any questions about Repatha®
4. Receiving medication
Once Repatha® is delivered to your home, the specialty pharmacy will call you to:
- Confirm you received the shipment
- Answer questions regarding Repatha® injection
- Provide refill reminders
Many of the items used to pack and ship your Repatha® can be recycled. Click here to learn more.
Need additional help understanding the process of getting Repatha® through a specialty pharmacy?
Call 1-844-REPATHA (1-844-737-2842) for more information.